[comp.sys.mac] One Meg Memory Prices

evans@mhuxt.UUCP (01/03/87)

The New York Times today (1/2/87) reported the new "fair-market-value" price
for 1 megabit RAM chips to be $13. (I believe this is a lowest price for
large quantities) Since the old price was in the $22 range and one could
buy single chips for under $40, perhaps we'll see them in the $20 range for
small numbers soon. This would make the Levco Prodigy 4 look even more
ridiculous than it actually is.

The current FMV for 256k RAMs is in the $2.50 range for this quarter - this
means that the megabits are very close to that magic 5x price. Will the next
Macs show up with them?

jimb@dopey.AMD.COM (Jim Budler) (01/04/87)

In article <1463@mhuxt.UUCP> evans@mhuxt.UUCP writes:
>This would make the Levco Prodigy 4 look even more
>ridiculous than it actually is.

I hate to ask, but what is so ridiculous about the Prodigy 4?

FMV for a complete system is NOT the sum of it's component's FMV.

--
+==== Jim Budler ==== Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ==== (408) 749-5806 ====+
|               Compuserve:     72415,1200                                 |