[comp.sys.mac] DragGrayRgn & Scrolling

russes@twonky.dec.com (01/06/87)

   ========

Date: 6 Jan 1987 1313-EST
From: "Bob Russes" <RUSSES@TWONKY>
To: "comp.sys.mac"@DECWRL
Subject: DragGrayRgn & Scrolling

	I've been trying  to implement a way of moving objects within
a window.  For the  moment, my  application consists of windows which
contain a number  of lines, where each line contains a small icon and
a TextEdit  record.  In order to move one of these lines, I allow the
user  to drag  one of  these  lines by  using  DragGrayRgn to move an
outline rectangle when the mouse is pressed and held over one of  the
small  icons.  As I drag this region around, I want to hilite certain
lines  within  the  window  when the  mouse  is passing over them.  I
currently  hilite these  lines by using the MarqueeRect routine which
came over the net sometime ago.

	For the most part, the dragging and hiliting work, except for
the case when I'm  hiliting a line, and  I drag  the mouse off of it.
In this  case, I have to  erase the  remnants that MarqueeRect leaves
on the screen.  I'm currently able to erase these remnants  properly,
but for some reason, some small part of the outline I'm dragging gets
left on the screen.  Can anybody suggest what I'm doing wrong?

	Also, I'd like to have  my application  scroll  when the user
drags the  rectangle  off  of the window.  I have some code which  is
executed  by DragGrayRgn's  action  procedure, but it doesn't seem to
work  properly.  I'm  also  not  sure  if the  parameters  I pass  to
DragGrayRgn and my scrolling from the action procedure are  going  to
conflict with each  other.  Any  suggestions on how to go about this?
[I have scrolling (by means of the scroll bars) working, I'm just not
sure how to handle this special case.]

Thanks,

Bob

[End of Message...]