[comp.sys.mac] Protocol being posted

barad@brand.UUCP (Herb Barad) (01/07/87)

Version 0.9 of Protocol has just been posted to mod.mac.binaries.
This version had a small (very minor) bug that I fixed and posted
again (only a couple of days later) to the sumex-aim archives.  The
bug is that when Protocol creates a document (a TEXT type), is sets
the wrong creator (should be "prot" instead of "FLOW").  The newer one
that I submitted to the sumex archives fixes this.  It is very minor
as Protocol will still open any TEXT file (it just means that the
proper document icon is not displayed and you can't double-click it
from the finder).  I did have a request from someone at Stanford to
post the sources - I did just that and they should be archived at
sumex-aim also.  Sorry for the little bug.

I have found Protocol very useful in helping me document/describe
class hierarchies in a pictoral manner.  Protocol will produce a
MacDraw PICT document that can be even further modified (or you can
print the picture directly from Protocol).  Why not just use MacDraw
in the first place?  Well, if your project is small and you are the
only one working on it, I would say that MacDraw is just fine.  But,
when a project becomes large (and has >1 persons on it), you would
like all of the pictoral descriptions to look uniform (like they were
all produced by the same program and person...).  I hope some find it
useful.

--

Herb Barad	[USC - Signal and Image Processing Institute]

USENET:		...!sdcrdcf!usc-oberon!brand!barad			or
		...!mcvax!seismo!sdcsvax!sdcrdcf!usc-oberon!brand!barad

ARPANET:	barad@brand.usc.edu

USMail:		Univ. of Southern California
		Powell Hall 306, MC-0272
		Los Angeles, CA 90089-0272
		phone: (213) 743-0911

bytebug@fritz.UUCP (Roger L. Long) (01/09/87)

In article <800@brand.UUCP> barad@brand.UUCP (Herb Barad) writes:
>Version 0.9 of Protocol has just been posted to mod.mac.binaries.
>This version had a small (very minor) bug that I fixed and posted
>again (only a couple of days later) to the sumex-aim archives.  The
>bug is that when Protocol creates a document (a TEXT type), is sets
>the wrong creator (should be "prot" instead of "FLOW").  The newer one
>that I submitted to the sumex archives fixes this.  It is very minor
>as Protocol will still open any TEXT file (it just means that the
>proper document icon is not displayed and you can't double-click it
>from the finder).

Actually, the version posted to mod.mac.binaries was the second version
that was posted to the sumex-aim archives.  Thus, this bug should NOT
exist in the version posted to mod.mac.binaries.
--
	Roger L. Long
	FileNet Corp