[comp.sys.mac] Airlines -new regulations say you must x-ray?

cjn@calmasd.CALMA.UUCP (Cheryl Nemeth) (01/08/87)

There's an article in the moderated group (by Raines Cohen) that was talking
 about new regulations for bringing computers past the checkpoints.  It
appears that they must either be checked or x-rayed.  Does anyone else
have any other information about this, or the effects of letting them
zap the mac?  (I did this once.  I had the mac in the original box, and
let them run it through their machines without thinking what was in
that box.  Nothing happend to it, but was I just lucky?)

espen@well.UUCP (Peter Espen) (01/10/87)

In article <2130@calmasd.CALMA.UUCP>, cjn@calmasd.CALMA.UUCP (Cheryl Nemeth) writes:
> There's an article in the moderated group (by Raines Cohen) that was talking
>  about new regulations for bringing computers past the checkpoints.  It
> appears that they must either be checked or x-rayed.  Does anyone else
> have any other information about this, or the effects of letting them
> zap the mac?  (I did this once.  I had the mac in the original box, and
> let them run it through their machines without thinking what was in
> that box.  Nothing happend to it, but was I just lucky?)

	The X-ray scanners at airports will not damage your Mac in any way.
I have sent mine through them many times. Floppies should probably not go
through the scanners. I usually just hand them to the security attendant
and let them take the disks around the machine.
	espen