[comp.sys.mac] Macintosh 100

ephraim@wang.UUCP (pri=8 Ephraim Vishniac x76659 ms 014 590) (01/13/87)

> From: PEABO
> Subject: Macintosh 100 Awards
> Date: 8-JAN-21:03: Mousing Around

> Sculley, Gassee, and Kawasaki of Apple Computer, Inc. to present First Annual
> Macintosh 100 Awards!

> The most important people, products and companies in the Macintosh
> community are to be honored at the First Annual Macintosh 100 Awards
> Ceremony, sponsored by Redgate Communications Corporation (publishers
> of the Macintosh Buyers Guide) and Apple Computer, Inc.

> The Macintosh 100:
> COMPANIES --
> Communications, Inc, First Byte, Inc., Forethought, Inc., General Computer

I am amazed and disgusted that anyone would even considering honoring
First Byte for anything.  I have dealt with companies which made
defective products.  I have dealt with companies which did not fulfill
their advertising promises.  I have dealt with companies who didn't
want to hear from dissatisfied customers.  But First Byte is the only
company I've dealt with which threatened me with legal action when I
requested a refund!

[Historical footnote:  I did eventually receive a complete refund, even
though I refused to a sign a letter stating that I had committed actionable,
but undescribed, crimes against First Byte.  My advice to all is: Don't
buy anything from these *&%$ people.  It can't possibly be worth it.]