[comp.sys.mac] Request C program to drive Macintalk

dean@mind.UUCP (Dean Radin) (01/09/87)

Would someone post (or mail to me) a short example of how
to drive Macintalk with C (either Lightspeed or Mac C).
Thanks. Dean Radin, Princeton University.
e-mail: ...princeton!mind!dean

bill@utastro.UUCP (William H. Jefferys) (01/10/87)

In article <447@mind.UUCP>, dean@mind.UUCP (Dean Radin) writes:
> Would someone post (or mail to me) a short example of how
> to drive Macintalk with C (either Lightspeed or Mac C).

I think many would be interested in this. I know I would. Perhaps
it could be posted?

omh@nancy (Owen M. Hartnett) (01/13/87)

From APDA, for only $10, you can get the whole Macintalk ball of wax.
Documentation, the latest Macintalk driver [as if there's a new one!], and
source code for interface files for Lisa Workshop, MDS and MPW.  [Lightspeed's
interfaces are included already] This is actually the only legal way to get
this stuff [unless someone at Apple authorizes posting] as Apple is really
keeping tight reins on its copyrighted stuff.  [Yes, Virginia, Macintalk too!]

Remember that Apple guarantees nothing in regard to M-Talk, you can't get
support, or a promise that it will work on future macs.  [as a matter of
fact, you can bet it won't without being upgraded.  The faster speed of
the MC 68020 garbles Macintalk speech on a prodigy, etc. ]

Owen Hartnett
Brown University Computer Science

omh@cs.brown.edu.CSNET
omh%cs.brown.edu@relay.cs.net-relay.ARPA
{ihnp4,allegra}!brunix!omh

ix21@sdcc6.ucsd.EDU (David Whiteman) (01/14/87)

Past issues of MacTutor including November 85 Volume 1 issue 11 have
several example programs of Mac-in-Talk.  The first software
supplement, available through Apda and online via Compuserve,
includes an example program in Pascal.

--
David Whiteman,
University of California, San Diego

The America's Cup, don't leave Perth without it.