[comp.sys.mac] APDA Offer

clubmac@runx.OZ (Sydney University Macintosh Society) (01/11/87)

Has anyone received the free book from APDA for joining before '87 ?

Jason Haines

eer@ritcv.UUCP (Ed Reed) (01/15/87)

In article <594@runx.OZ> clubmac@runx.OZ (Sydney University Macintosh Society) writes:

>Has anyone received the free book from APDA for joining before '87 ?
>
>Jason Haines

Yep, I got mine, though what I'll do with it, I'm not sure...I work
on Macs, not the IIgs.

		-- Ed Reed
Ed Reed - Rochester Institute of Technology
phone:    (716) 334-3006
Delphi:   EERTEST
GEnie:    SQA.INC
Usenet:   ...rochester!ritcv!eer

saunders@batcomputer.UUCP (01/16/87)

>>Has anyone received the free book from APDA for joining before '87 ?
>Yep, I got mine, though what I'll do with it, I'm not sure...I work
>on Macs, not the IIgs.

Yeah, me too.  I sent it back, and they're sending me the Macintosh book,
which is what I had been told I'd get.

I find it hard to believe that Apple thinks the wave of the future lies in
68516 assembly language programming, but that sure looks like the case.....

ragragrag,

blm@cxsea.UUCP (Brian Matthews) (01/19/87)

In article <2056@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> saunders@batcomputer.UUCP (kevin eric saunders) writes:
|>>Has anyone received the free book from APDA for joining before '87 ?
|>Yep, I got mine, though what I'll do with it, I'm not sure...I work
|>on Macs, not the IIgs.
|
|Yeah, me too.  I sent it back, and they're sending me the Macintosh book,
|which is what I had been told I'd get.
|
|I find it hard to believe that Apple thinks the wave of the future lies in
|68516 assembly language programming, but that sure looks like the case.....

First, it's actually the Apple Puget Sound Program Library Exchange (or
A.P.P.L.E.) that runs APDA, not Apple Computer Inc. Second, I joined APDA,
and wrote on my application that I'd like the Macintosh book. A couple of
weeks after that I received the book and (in a separate mailing) the rest of
the APDA info (catalogs and such). The IIGS book is one of the choices, so I
guess they just send that one to people who don't specify. It does seem kind
of silly to not ask people who join but don't say which one they want. Oh
well.

--

Brian L. Matthews                               "Let's all work together
...{mnetor,uw-beaver!ssc-vax}!cxsea!blm          to help stop the spread