[comp.sys.mac] trouble with MacDraw 1.7

brucer@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Bruce Alan Riebe) (01/22/87)

MacDraw Bug? or Old ROMs?
I was using the smooth function under MacDraw 1.7 to smooth a
curve and then proceeded to send it to the LaserwriterPlus.  The
result was a Bomb id=2 error (this was repeatable).

Equipment and Versions: FatMac (old Roms), MacDraw 1.7, Finder
5.3, System 3.2, laserPrep and LaserWriter 3.2, and
LaserwriterPlus.

I then replaced the system, finder, MacDraw, and the Laserwriter
Drivers; still the bug persists.

Is this the fault of MacDraw or the old ROMs or something I have
not even thought about?

The drawing only contained a few drawn curves and could be
produced using a enhanced Mac and a MacPlus.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Disclaimers: What I do has no real bearing on the Real World as you   /------\
             Know it.  (At least that's what my boss says)           / *   *  \

mrh@Shasta.UUCP (01/23/87)

In article <787@pwcs.StPaul.GOV>, brucer@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Bruce Alan Riebe) writes:

> MacDraw Bug? or Old ROMs?
> I was using the smooth function under MacDraw 1.7 to smooth a
> curve and then proceeded to send it to the LaserwriterPlus.  The
> result was a Bomb id=2 error (this was repeatable).
>
> Equipment and Versions: FatMac (old Roms), MacDraw 1.7, Finder
> 5.3, System 3.2, laserPrep and LaserWriter 3.2, and
> LaserwriterPlus.

   This bug seems to have appeared with the LaserWriter 3.1 nad
LaserPrep 3.1 files. I don't know if it occurs on a MacPlus but does
occur for sure on a 512 with old ROMS. I'm sure you have a typo above
since the LaserWriter and LaserPrep files released by Apple are only
up to version 3.1.
David Gelphman                  BITNET address: DAVEG@SLACVM
Bin #88 SLAC                    ARPANET address:  DAVEG@SLACVM.BITNET
Stanford, Calif. 94305          UUCP address: ...psuvax1!daveg%slacvm.bitnet
415-854-3300 x2538
usual disclaimer #432 applies: my employer apologies for the fact
that I have access to this net.