[comp.sys.mac] 5.4 Finder & 3.3 Sys are out!

t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (01/30/87)

The new System & Finder have been released as of yesterday.  They're on
compuserve.

Not a lot different, mostly they have the code built in for handling
AppleShare, Apples new file server software.

feldy@ucla-cs.UUCP (01/30/87)

In article <4235@utah-cs.UUCP> t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) writes:
>The new System & Finder have been released as of yesterday.  They're on
>compuserve.

Is it possible for someone to post these to the net?

Bob Felderman
3732L Boelter Hall	         feldy@ats.ucla.edu
University of California    ...!{trwspp,sdcrdcf,ihnp4,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!feldy
Los Angeles, CA 90024
(213) 825-2841

chuq@plaid.UUCP (01/31/87)

In article <4235@utah-cs.UUCP> t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) writes:
>The new System & Finder have been released as of yesterday.  They're on
>compuserve.

I hate to rain on parades, but according to the people on Delphi, the new
Ssytem and Finder HAVE NOT been rleased for electronic distribution, and the
Apple people have asked Compuserve to remove them from the system.

chuq

Chuq Von Rospach	chuq@sun.COM

It's only a model...

dwb@well.UUCP (02/01/87)

Word is also out that it is a mistake and that CI$ has been ordered
to remove them from the database.  In any case, apple has in the past
proved rather recalcitrant to allow postings of such things to the
net.  They have attempted to keep control over how and where it gets
distribute, primarily on commercial services and from dealers.

	David
--
	David W. Berry
	dwb@well.uucp                   dwb@Delphi

spector@acf4.UUCP (David HM Spector) (02/02/87)

On CompuServe?  Where?  Not in ANY of the Apple DL's?  Some pointers please?

David HM Spector
NYU/acf Systems Group.
Spector@NYU.EDU

dlt@csun.UUCP (02/02/87)

In article <12498@sun.uucp>, chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
> In article <4235@utah-cs.UUCP> t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) writes:
> >The new System & Finder have been released as of yesterday.

> I hate to rain on parades, but according to the people on Delphi, the new
> Ssytem and Finder HAVE NOT been rleased for electronic distribution, and the
> Apple people have asked Compuserve to remove them from the system.
I called up CompuServe yesterday and only the old version was available in
DL8 of MACDEV.  So it is evidently NOT available.

		Dave
--
Dave Thompson		     uucp:   {ihnp4|hplabs|psivax}!csun!dlt
CSUN Computer Center         phone:  (818) 885-2790