[comp.sys.mac] Mac Bible price error.

arapo@wheaton.UUCP (02/04/87)

Recenly I read an ad on UUCP for a new book called "THE MAC BIBLE."
The UUCP article stated that the price was $21.00 + $1.50 PH.

Well, I just bought the book and the actual price is $16.80 + $1.50
($18.30 total, or $19.31 for Californians)
if ordered directly from Golstein & Blair
			Berkeley, CA 94707
			415/524-4000

Let me tell you.  This is one of the neatest Mac a Accessories I've run
into.  Not only is it full of tips, shortcuts, and VERY useful cautions, its
also a riot.  It is meant to be a reference "Like having a Mac expert at
side whenever you need one."  But its so entertaining that I'm just reading
it straight through.  I highly recomend it to hacker and neophite alike.

Perhaps best of all are the two free updates (at least 40 pages) included
in the price of the book.  You cant beat that for value, considering the
rate at which computer info becomes obsolete.

I just bought another one for a friend (Mac user) and would buy more if
more of my friends had Macs.  What more can I say...

						      S. Andew Rapo
						      Wheaton College
						      Wheaton, Ill.

   <DISCLAIMER> Absolutely none neceesary!

prince@ucla-cs.UUCP (02/04/87)

In article <397@wheaton.UUCP> arapo@wheaton.UUCP (Andy "Mac" Rapo(?)) writes:
>Recenly I read an ad on UUCP for a new book called "THE MAC BIBLE."
>The UUCP article stated that the price was $21.00 + $1.50 PH.
>
>Well, I just bought the book and the actual price is $16.80 + $1.50
>($18.30 total, or $19.31 for Californians)
>if ordered directly from Golstein & Blair
>			Berkeley, CA 94707
>			415/524-4000

I just spoke to a G & B sales rep at the above # who said that the PREPAID,
WHOLESALE price (you must include a resale certificate) is as follows:

 1-4  @  $15.75 ea.
 5-9  @  $13.65 ea.
10-19 @  $11.55 ea.
(additional price breaks for larger quantities)

All prices INCLUDE free shipping.
 |                  UCLA Computer Science Department                       |
 | -- Larry         3413 Boelter Hall   Los Angeles 90024  (213) 825-2145  |
 |       Prince     UUCP:     {ucbvax,ihnp4,sdcrdcf}!ucla-cs!prince        |
 |                  ARPAnet:  prince@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU                        |
 | "Disclaimer?  What disclaimer?  I never posted a disclaimer...."        |