[comp.sys.mac] "...the chicken or the egg?"

terry@onfcanim.UUCP (02/12/87)

I think readers of this group will be interested in the following
from mod.risks (RISKS DIGEST 4.46):

Date: 4 Feb 1987 17:27:55-EST
From: Pavel.pa@Xerox.COM@MIT-CCC
Date: 4 Feb 87 13:48 PST
Subject: Recursive risks in computer design
To: info-cobol@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU
ReSent-To: RISKS@CSL.SRI.COM [via Geoff@CSL.SRI.COM and PGN]

Date: Tue,  3 Feb 87 16:27:34 PST
Sender: Swinehart.pa
From: McCullough.pa
Subject: Praise or attack?
To: Whimsy^.x

Open-Apple, Feb '87 mentions a Wall Street Journal article...

Recently, Apple Computer Inc. purchased a $14.5 [million] Cray Research
supercomputer to aid in the design of their next-generation Apple computers.

John Rollwagen, Cray Research Inc. chief executive, told Seymour Cray about
how Apple was using their newly purchased Cray supercomputer.  "There was a
pause on the other end of the line, and Seymour said `That's interesting,
because I'm designing the next Cray with an Apple.'"