[comp.sys.mac] TEX viewer

arlo@ssc-vax.UUCP (02/18/87)

Does anyone know about a macintosh application, supposedly
public domain although probably only a demo of the real
program, which allows you to take TEX files from a unix and
view them on a Macintosh?  I'd like to see it.  Please
advise.

akk2@ur-tut.UUCP (02/20/87)

In article <1122@ssc-vax.UUCP> arlo@ssc-vax.UUCP (Jim Campiche) writes:
>Does anyone know about a macintosh application, supposedly
>public domain although probably only a demo of the real
>program, which allows you to take TEX files from a unix and
>view them on a Macintosh?  I'd like to see it.  Please
>advise.

There is a Tex previewer for the Mac, a demo version, that was I believe
posted to the net a while back. It can be ftp'ed from Info-Mac archives
on sumex. It is in 5 parts and is called DEMO-TEXPREVIEW-PART[1-5].HQX.
I have heard though that this does not work with just any DVI file, but
this is only a rumor and I haven't had a chance to try it out. Maybe
someone out there in netland has done so ?

--
-----------------------
Atul Kacker

keeshu@nikhefk.UUCP (02/21/87)

In article <1122@ssc-vax.UUCP> arlo@ssc-vax.UUCP (Jim Campiche) writes:
>Does anyone know about a macintosh application, supposedly
>public domain although probably only a demo of the real
>program, which allows you to take TEX files from a unix and
>view them on a Macintosh?  I'd like to see it.  Please
>advise.

Contact rick@hasara5.bitnet; he wrote a Macintosh TeX previeuwer.

-- Kees