[comp.sys.mac] Mac 2 documents from delphi

chuq@plaid.UUCP (02/23/87)

To: info-mac
Subject: Mac SE & March 2nd Announcements

----- Begin Forwarded Message -----

This file is a two-page MacWrite document describing Apple's upcoming March
2
announcements of the Mac II and Mac SE.  It goes into some detail about the
Mac
SE.  You should read "Mac II First Look" before reading this one.

Ric Ford, "MacInTouch" newsletter

[
Mac II First Look is archived as
[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>REPORT-MAC2-FIRSTLOOK.HQX

so naturally I had to name this one

[SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU]<INFO-MAC>REPORT-MAC2-SECONDLOOK.HQX

DoD
]
----- End Forwarded Message -----

I was asked by the folks on Delphi to pass the word that a revised
and combined version of these documents is on its way, and to please
distributed it instead of this version.

The original release of these papers has created a major controversy on
both CompuServe and Delphi.  A number of vendors, through Bob Perez at
Apple, complained that they were incorrectly judged against Beta hardware
with old software, and generally raised a ruckus.  The Compuserve people
decided to pull the documents from their data libraries, but neglected to
tell Ric and Macintouch of this, creating a major flame war on censorship.

This controversy then spilled over to Delphi as well, and lots of screaming
and yelling has been done.

The end result is that the reports were re-written to be a little more
cohesive, and this updated version has been accepted by both Neil Shapiro
of Compuserve and Delphi.  The updated version should be given to info-mac
and usenet in the next few days.  Until then, please consider these
documents
to be obsolete and don't do any long term planning on them.

Thanks to Ric le Page, Bob Perez, Neil Shapiro, Peabo, and all the others
involved for keeping their heads while the idiots yelled for them and
for working out a reasonable solution to all of this.

chuq

Chuq Von Rospach	chuq@sun.COM		[I don't read flames]

There is no statute of limitations on stupidity

bytebug@fritz.UUCP (02/24/87)

In article <13845@sun.uucp> chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>I was asked by the folks on Delphi to pass the word that a revised
>and combined version of these documents is on its way, and to please
>distributed it instead of this version.

I don't know if there is an additional revision, but shortly after I posted
the original document to mod.mac.binaries, I was asked by Jeff Shulman to
pull it off the net, as a revised document was going to be sent in a couple
of days.  I did send out a cancel message for <2260@felix.UUCP> and shortly
thereafter received and posted <2294@felix.UUCP>.  Hopefully this document
reflects the updated document that Chuq speaks of.
--
	Roger L. Long
	FileNet Corp