[comp.sys.mac] is microsoft word 3 out yet?

johnz@basser.UUCP (02/18/87)

The subject line says it all.

--
                John Zic

ACSnet:  johnz@basser.oz     UUCP:    seismo!munnari!basser.oz!johnz

suhler@im4u.UUCP (02/18/87)

I called up Microsoft's toll-free number Monday to see where the upgrades
were, since our university distributor was still thinking that they'd been
shipped on 31 January.  The answer was that they're still fixing bugs and that
hey're now hoping to ship by the end of the month.  She also suggested that
the upgrades would be shipped later to university distributors than to
regular retailers, although that was kind of vague.  Note that they haven't
informed the distributors of the delay.
--
Paul Suhler        suhler@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU	512-474-9517

dlt@csun.UUCP (02/18/87)

There was an article in InfoWorld that quoted Microsoft as stating that
they were beginning to ship word 3.0.  It would not be available in stores
for a while as more than 50 per cent of word 1.05 owners upgraded to 3.0
and they were shipping the upgrades first.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to receive the upgrade...

--
Dave Thompson		     uucp:   {ihnp4|hplabs|psivax}!csun!dlt
CSUN Computer Center         phone:  (818) 885-2790

fisher@elxsi.UUCP (02/18/87)

I called Microsoft yesterday morning (2/17) and they told me that
the release of Word version 3.0 has been delayed until mid-March.
You should expect to receive your copy by the end of March.
Bugs in the program was the reason given for the delay.

Chuck

jlc@goanna.UUCP (02/19/87)

Yes, one of the Apple dealers said that Microsoft started shipments of
MS Word last week. Demo copies were all around for at least a month.
So, you can order it now but be prepared for a shock it is not cheap,
it is a great product, though.

naftoli@aecom.UUCP (02/23/87)

In article <278@elxsi.UUCP>, fisher@elxsi.UUCP (Chuck Fisher) writes:
> I called Microsoft yesterday morning (2/17) and they told me that
> the release of Word version 3.0 has been delayed until mid-March.
> You should expect to receive your copy by the end of March.
> Bugs in the program was the reason given for the delay.

That's funny, Infoworld claimed that it was already shipping.

Their info doesn't seem to be too accurate now does it?  (Maybe
it should be renamed Gossipworld?)
--
Robert N. Berlinger
Systems Analyst, Scientific Computing Center		Compuserve: 73047,741

csaron@opal.berkeley.edu.UUCP (02/24/87)

A copy of Microsoft Word 3.0 arrived via UPS at my workplace today.

This copy, an upgrade from version 1.05, was ordered soon
after receipt of Microsoft's upgrade offer some months back.

   Aron Roberts  Tolman Microcomputer Facility
                 1535 Tolman Hall, University of California
                 Berkeley, CA 94720  (415) 642-2251
                 csaron@opal.Berkeley.EDU  CSARON@UCBCMSA.BITNET
   Usual disclaimers apply to protect UCB from harm.
   "And you were in the parking lot, subterranean, by your
    own design ..."

morse@leadsv.UUCP (02/26/87)

The question is whether or not word 3.0 is shipping yet.  Yes!!
It arrived at my house yesterday (2/24).  I haven't had time to open it, even.
--

Terry Morse  (408)743-1487
{ hplabs!cae780 } | { ihnp4!sun!sunncal } !leadsv!morse

jmm@thoth16.UUCP (02/27/87)

I called Microsoft on the 24th, and they said they've been shipping since last Thursday.  They also told me to expect a
four to six week wait for my copy of 3.0, as I just sent in the forms and they have a huge backlog.

James