[comp.sys.mac] MacWorld article about Mac II

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (03/06/87)

In article <3778@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU>, ps111waz@sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Tod"Call me Bob"Kuykendall) writes:
> P.S.  If you haven't seen the cover of the Macworld (I'm not sure
> where it's going to come out) You've gotta see it.  It has the soon
> to be very famous picture of an infinite plane of apple logos and a
> crystal sphere and a few other things.  I have a feeling it'll be
> the "hello" screen of the Mac classic...

  I really thought MacWorld did a very poor job of showing the pictures. First
of all the cover picture was bent over the binding so you couldn't really see
it well. I would also have like to see a color (and B&W grayscale) gallery
of pictures that were presented so that you could really see what they
looked like. They had a few pictures here and there but none that could really
be carefully looked at and enjoyed.
  I also noticed that in the section where they were discussing dithered
images and such, in at least one caption it claimed a picture was dithered
but the window on the Mac had the titled '256 shades/undithered'.

David Gelphman                  BITNET address: DAVEG@SLACVM
Bin #88 SLAC                    ARPANET address:  DAVEG@SLACVM.BITNET
Stanford, Calif. 94305          UUCP address: ...psuvax1!daveg%slacvm.bitnet
415-854-3300 x2538
usual disclaimer #432 applies: my employer apologizes for the fact
that I have access to this net.