[comp.sys.mac] Mac graphics emulation via TELNET ??

ospwd@emory.UUCP (Peter Day {EUCC}) (03/09/87)

Does anyone know the answer to the following query? I believe
he is looking for something like Tektronix 4010 emulation
that uses TELNET. Please reply directly to me and I will summarize
to the net.

> From:	EUCH4B::SYSTEM        5-MAR-1987 10:45
> To:	EMRYCC::OSPWD
> Subj:	network graphics emulators
>
> Does there exist for the Macintosh a graphics terminal emulation
> program which is compatible with the Wollongong tcp/ip?
> 	cgt

Peter Day

CSNET:	ospwd@emory
ARPA:	ospwd@emoryu1.arpa
UUCP:	{ akgua, gatech }!emoryu1!ospwd
BITNET:	ospwd@emuvm1, ospwd@emoryu1
USPS: 	Computing Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322
PHONE:  404/727-7678

verber@osu-eddie.UUCP (03/11/87)

There is a telnet written by the folks at UIUC (National SuperComputer
Applications Group) which is a  working multi-connection telnet.  The
current version of this telnet supports up to 10 connections to hosts
and has a ftp server.  They will be releasing a version in the next month
or three which will support 4010 graphics.  I believe they will be posting
an announcement soon.

Cheers,
Computer Science Department				         Mark A. Verber
The Ohio State University				 verber@ohio-state.arpa
+1 (614) 292-0915					cbosgd!osu-eddie!verber