[comp.sys.mac] Mini-Micro Systems article on the new Macs

dplatt@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Dave Platt) (03/11/87)

The March '87 issue of Mini-Micro Systems has achieved what I believe
is a unique status... they are the only magazine I've seen to date
which has managed to completely invert the relationship between the
Mac SE and the Mac II.  On pages 30 and 33, their senior editor Mike
Seither has an article which describes two new Apple products:

1) The Macintosh SE, which allegedly uses a 16-mHz 68020, has 6 slots,
   and "outwardly looks more like an IBM Corp. PC than the Mac of old
   with its one-piece monitor and CPU".

2) The Macintosh II, which "sits in the middle of the product family,
   just ahead of the current Mac 512 and Mac Plus".

Sigh.

dagl@ur-tut.UUCP (03/21/87)

In article <10552@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA> dplatt@teknowledge-vaxc.ARPA (Dave Platt) writes:
> The March '87 issue of Mini-Micro Systems has achieved what I believe
> is a unique status... they are the only magazine I've seen to date
> which has managed to completely invert the relationship between the
> Mac SE and the Mac II.

Even worse, imagine mixing up the Apple II, Macintosh, and Mac II:
An article in the April 1987 issue of Business Week Careers shows
a Mac with the caption "Apple Macintosh IIe" !