[comp.sys.mac] mouse-feet

agh@rayssde.UUCP (03/25/87)

I have been tring to find a place to purchase MOUSE FEET for the MOUSE !

Any suggestions - Local Computer stores and Mail Order firms have not worked.

Thanks !!
--
ARMOND HALL - {allegra, raybed2, gatech, linus} rayssd!rayssde!agh
----------

earleh@dartvax.UUCP (03/26/87)

In article <118@rayssde.RAY.COM>, agh@rayssde.RAY.COM (Armond G. Hall) writes:
> I have been tring to find a place to purchase MOUSE FEET for the MOUSE !

The latest issue of MacUser recommends glueing bbs (!) to your mouse
as a replacement for worn down mouse feet.  I have found the following
to be serviceable.  When one of your credit cards, check cashing cards
or whatever expires, save it.  Two thin strips of the material, glued
just in front of the critter's little worn down feet, make an admirable
substitute for mouse feet, and seem to wear down at a much slower rate.
Depending upon the material that you use, you may have to use a nail
file to file it down, or you may have to use two thicknesses of it.
The configuration that I use is made from an old King Sooper's check
cashing card that became no longer useful when I moved from Colorado
to New Hampshire (Boy, was that ever a mistake!  I can hardly wait to
get done with this Ph.D. deal so I can see blue sky again!)  For
heavy duty or rough service, a long strip of plastic extending almost
all the way across the front of the bottom of the mouse may be indicated.

clive@druhi.UUCP (03/26/87)

in article <118@rayssde.RAY.COM>, agh@rayssde.UUCP says:

> I have been tring to find a place to purchase MOUSE FEET for the MOUSE !

In one of the Mac magazines this month, there was a suggestion to glue
BB's on the shell where it folds near the screws.  Looked like a good way.

Clive

jimb@dopey.UUCP (03/26/87)

In article <118@rayssde.RAY.COM> agh@rayssde.RAY.COM (Armond G. Hall) writes:
>I have been tring to find a place to purchase MOUSE FEET for the MOUSE !
>
>Any suggestions - Local Computer stores and Mail Order firms have not worked.

Egghead Software, here in California has such a thing, but I followed the
suggestion in the tips in the latest MacUser, and glued two BB's (you
know, air gun ammo) to the beveled surface at the front of the mouse
one each directly ahead of the old feet. It works.

--
+===== Jim Budler ==== Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ==== (408) 749-5806 =====+
|  Compuserve: 72415,1200; Delphi: JIMBUDLER;  Usenet: jimb@amdcad.AMD.COM   |

curry@nsc.UUCP (03/27/87)

Mouse feet called MouseEase are available from Tacklind Design, Inc.
250 Cowper St., Palo Alto, Ca. 94301.  I bought a set at Macworld Expo,
in S.F. and they are great.  The address I got from the back of the card
but I am sure they have a phone.  A friend of mine mail ordered from them
based upon my luck and juust got additional sets.

jon@eps2.UUCP (03/28/87)

In article <4159@nsc.nsc.com>, curry@nsc.nsc.com (Ray Curry) writes:
> Mouse feet called MouseEase are available from Tacklind Design, Inc.
> 250 Cowper St., Palo Alto, Ca. 94301.  I bought a set at Macworld Expo,
> in S.F. and they are great.  The address I got from the back of the card
> but I am sure they have a phone.  A friend of mine mail ordered from them
> based upon my luck and juust got additional sets.

I used to share an office with Julie Tacklind (well, actually it was an
empty office with our names on it).  She is the president of Tacklind Design
Inc., the company that sells the Teflon feet for mice.  The office phone
number is (408) 734-9070.  Their new offices are in Sunnyvale.  I don't know
the address, but their office space was given to them by Nolan Bushnell.
If Bushnell gets evicted, Tacklind Design can also be reached at their Palo
Alto office, (415) 322-2257.  The Palo Alto address is still good too.

I have no connection with the company, other than getting free lunches from
Julie if she makes lots of money.

				Jonathan Hue
				DuPont Design Technologies
				(Formerly Via Visuals Inc.)