[comp.sys.mac] word 3.0 fixed height lines

kautz@allegra.UUCP (03/28/87)

Replace this line with your message
Ok, quitcher bellyaching!  Word 3.0 DOES allow you have absolutetly
fixed height lines!  Just enter the line height as a NEGATIVE number:
ie, -12 = 12 points and I mean it!  You can easily do the trick of
beginning a paragraph with a large letter this way --- eg
###### his is what
  #    you wanted
  #    to do all
  #    along.
The big letter will looked chopped off in normal view, but do Page
Preview and it appears just the way you want it.

--
---- Henry Kautz
	:uucp:	allegra!kautz

pswisnov@phoenix.UUCP (03/29/87)

In article <6562@allegra.UUCP> kautz@allegra.UUCP (Henry Kautz) writes:
>Replace this line with your message
>Ok, quitcher bellyaching!  Word 3.0 DOES allow you have absolutetly
>fixed height lines!  Just enter the line height as a NEGATIVE number:
>ie, -12 = 12 points and I mean it!  You can easily do the trick of
>beginning a paragraph with a large letter this way --- eg
>###### his is what
>  #    you wanted
>  #    to do all
>  #    along.
>The big letter will looked chopped off in normal view, but do Page
>Preview and it appears just the way you want it.

Really? I tried the negative number thing the last time, and I tried
it again just now, but I still get the second line below rather then
next to the large character:

TTT his is a test
    of the emergency
    broadcasting sys-
    tem.

The first character was 48 point subscripted by 24 points, and the
line spacing was set to -24.