[comp.sys.mac] Word 3.0 Bug

dlt@csun.UUCP (03/30/87)

I finally recieved the update to Acta a week or so ago.  After installing
it and fooling around a bit I attempted to save the output in MacWrite
format so I could read it into Word 3.0.  Word acknowledges that it is
converting a MacWrite file and as soon as it reaches 100%, it bombs (I
forget the bomb ID).  Hmmmm.  Well, MacWrite reads the file just file.
So does Word 1.05.  It turns out that the old version of Acta also produces
MacWrite files that bomb.  Hmmmm.  I'm presuming that there is a problem
with Word inasmuch as MacWrite doesn't complain.  Has anyone encountered
anything similar with Acta-produced MacWrite files (or just MacWrite
files in general)?

--
Dave Thompson		     uucp:   {ihnp4|hplabs|psivax}!csun!dlt
CSUN Computer Center         phone:  (818) 885-2790

david@uhccux.UUCP (04/01/87)

In article <597@csun.UUCP> dlt@csun.UUCP (Dave Thompson) writes:
>Has anyone encountered
>anything similar with Acta-produced MacWrite files (or just MacWrite
>files in general)?

	Same problem here.  I had a pathological MacWrite file (nroff'ed
	output saved as a one-paragraph document, about 25 pages long) that
	I couldn't get into Word 1.05 or Word 3.0 properly.  In this case,
	since it was pure text anyway, I just opened it with MacWrite, saved as
	ASCII text, and imported into Word (either version) with no problem.
--
David Lassner, University of Hawaii Computing Center, 808/948-7351
	UUCP:	  {ihnp4,seismo,ucbvax,dcdwest}!sdcsvax!nosc!uhccux!david