[comp.sys.mac] Warp 9

jao@k.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (04/08/87)

In article <4182@nsc.nsc.com> grenley@nsc.UUCP (George Grenley) writes:

>                                                Anyone else
>out there using Warp 9 products?  I never see them mentioned on the net.
>I've had some interesting problems getting mine working and would like
>to talk to other users...

I've had an interesting experience with Warp Nine Engineering also.
Last November I ordered one of their Phaser 800 external floppy drives (one
of the many clones of the same disk drive... see the many Macworld ads).
I got it and found that it had no trouble talking double sided to my old
ROM Mac 512, but the drive wasn't whisper-quiet as their ads and the November
review of it in Macworld said it would be.  I called the support line and
they told me to send it back.

This I did on December 19, figuring that it'd be back before I returned to
school after Christmas break.  I called them sometime in the second week of
January to ask why I hadn't yet received the replacement drive and they
said that they were waiting for more drives from the Japanese manufacturer,
who was behind in production due to unexpected demand.

A week and a half later I got it, and it's been working fine and quietly
ever since.

John O'Malley
Personal Computing Learning | Math-Science B-4  | West Lafayette, IN  47907
  Resource Center (PCLRC)   | Purdue University | (317) 494-1787 ext 271
***Disclaimer:  My employer probably doesn't even know I'm writing this...***