[comp.sys.mac] Runlist in Finder/Juggler?

kleef@ark.cs.vu.nl (Patrick van Kleef) (04/09/87)

In article <966@ark.cs.vu.nl> kleef@ark.cs.vu.nl (Patrick van Kleef) writes:
>wasted space

[This message reposted as I fear my original posting ended up in
a black hole :)							]

No doubt, I just love my new Macintosh SE. I already had some experience
with the Mac and its user-interface, but now I own my own Mac SE, and
use it intensively every day, I like the machine more and more.

Nevertheless, I have a suggestion for a future Finder. Although I have
all my most frequently used programs in seperate windows on boot-up,
I would like a sort of 'runlist' in the Finder menu, from where I
can load and start one of a selected group of programs. My internal
harddisk already contains more than 8 megabytes worth of programs and
as the number of frequently used programs increases, the desktop gets
crowded more and more.

On the IBM-PC you can make a couple of batch-files with which you can run
your favorite program from anywhere on the harddisk. This is very useful
and although the Mac is much easier in its filemanipulation than the PC,
a runlist with a similar function as the MS-Dos batchfiles could come in
quite handy.

The runlist should -on selection of program- set the folder of that
particular program as the current directory and then run the program.
Now, whenever I opened a window other than the ones selected on start-up,
I have to close that window to bring the one I want into front and then
start the desired program. This could be done faster with a runlist in
the finder menu, I think.

Did Apple consider this? I think MouseDesk on the //-family has that sort
of function.

Paul Molenaar