[comp.sys.mac] MacDraw Plus

rjs@trwrb.UUCP (04/07/87)

The April 87 issue of Business Software has a very good comparative
review of the Mac II vs the Compaq 386 (the Mac II compares very
favorably in performance and cost).  Near the end of the article a
screen-shot of the sunburst picture that is on the cover of Byte is
shown with a dialogue box stating that it is MacDraw Plus 1.0xxx.
This version is "significantly improved and supports the color
display of the Mac II."  Does anyone know what the improvements are
and when this update might be available?  Is the update only for the
Mac II?  Any info is appreciated.

Bob S.

jww@sdcsvax.UUCP (04/08/87)

I have no special knowledge on the subject, but I'm sure that any
updated version of MacDraw will be for everyone, since there are
so many small, annoying problems with the existing version.

I hear Apple already has updated versions of MacWrite and MacPaint
(mainly for Mac II compatibility, maybe for AppleShare and/or Juggler
compatibility as well) done and is waiting to decide how (whether) to
distribute them.
--
	Joel West
	{ucbvax,ihnp4}!sdcsvax!jww	(ihnp4!gould9!joel once I fix news)

stevel@dartvax.UUCP (04/09/87)

In article <2967@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU> jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) writes:
>I hear Apple already has updated versions of MacWrite and MacPaint
>(mainly for Mac II compatibility, maybe for AppleShare and/or Juggler
>compatibility as well) done and is waiting to decide how (whether) to
>distribute them.

Oh please, Apple, I'm sure others are as tired as I of taking disks
to dealers to get "upgrades", with no documentation.  Put your software
upgrades in nice little boxes, with new documentation, and charge some
money for them.  Thank you.
--
     Steve Ligett  stevel@dartmouth.edu  or
(astrovax cornell decvax harvard ihnp4 linus true)!dartvax!stevel