[comp.sys.mac] Various SE Problems

derek@gucis.UUCP (04/01/87)

Can anyone provide any assistance with the following problems observed
on SEs:

1.	Documents copied to the internal hard disk from disks previously
	used with a Mac+ sometimes lose their creator.
	E.g., MacTerminal documents can no longer find their application
	when double-clicked.

2.	Escape, control, and arrow keys don't work in MacTerminal.  There
	looks like there should be a way to fix this in the new control
	panel but  can't find how.

3.	With switcher 5.1 (at least), trying to change up the folder
	hierarchy is difficult because although you can pull down the
	list of superior folders, the names of the folders are invisible.

4.	With 3COM software, half the keyboard "disappears".

Sorry for the lack of detail in the above - I haven't seen them all myself.
Any ideas would be of interest.

Derek Austin		ACSnet:	derek@gucis.oz
The Byte Centre		ARPA:	derek%gucis.oz@seismo.css.gov
49 Park Road		CSNET:	derek@gucis.oz
Milton	4064		JANET:	gucis.oz!derek@ukc
Australia		PHONE:  +61 7 369 2699
			VIATEL: 737676700
UUCP:	{seismo,hplabs,mcvax,ukc,nttlab}!munnari!gucis.oz!derek

skip@apple.UUCP (04/02/87)

In article <500@gucis.OZ> derek@gucis (Derek Austin) writes:
>2.	Escape, control, and arrow keys don't work in MacTerminal.  There
>	looks like there should be a way to fix this in the new control
>	panel but  can't find how.

A new release of MacTerminal (2.2) will be available in May.  This will
correct any problems with the new keyboards.

kdmoen@watcgl.UUCP (04/04/87)

In article <500@gucis.OZ> derek@gucis (Derek Austin) writes:
>Can anyone provide any assistance with the following problems observed
>on SEs:
>
>1.	Documents copied to the internal hard disk from disks previously
>	used with a Mac+ sometimes lose their creator.
>	E.g., MacTerminal documents can no longer find their application
>	when double-clicked.

I am running system 4.0 on my Mac Plus, and I've had the same problem.
--
Doug Moen (watmath!watcgl!kdmoen)
University of Waterloo Computer Graphics Lab

ngg@bridge2.UUCP (04/15/87)

In article <500@gucis.OZ>, derek@gucis.OZ (Derek Austin) writes:
> Can anyone provide any assistance with the following problems observed
> on SEs:
> 1.	Documents copied to the internal hard disk from disks previously
> 	used with a Mac+ sometimes lose their creator.
> 	E.g., MacTerminal documents can no longer find their application
> 	when double-clicked.
> 2.	Escape, control, and arrow keys don't work in MacTerminal.  There
> 	looks like there should be a way to fix this in the new control
> 	panel but  can't find how.
> 3.	With switcher 5.1 (at least), trying to change up the folder
> 	hierarchy is difficult because although you can pull down the
> 	list of superior folders, the names of the folders are invisible.
> 4.	With 3COM software, half the keyboard "disappears".
> Derek Austin		ACSnet:	derek@gucis.oz

1. I have had my SE for about 3 weeks now, Using it everyday, I have not
experienced any problems of transfering data from my old floppies to the
Internal HD. Losing creators or anything. I have 15meg on the drive. Sounds
like sloppy software and BNDL's not being set right. Or a bad system File on
the SE being used.

2. Of course the new keys won't work with Macterminal, is was never written
to use real escape, control or arrow keys. The new Control panel won't do
anything for this problem. It only affects speed and delays of keyboard repeat
& wait till repeat.

3. Switcher 5.1 must have some bad copies floating around or something, I have
seen several messages on local BBS's that claim that It doesn't work right
with bizarre problems. I have had no problems with my copy of Switcher 5.1.
Some users are blaming system 4.0, but I have been using 4.0 since it appeared
with all software and no problems on a Plus and SE...

4. 3Com software, you'll never know what it will do....

           Norman Goodger @Bridge Communications    !bridge2!ngg
           (415) 969 4400 Ex:445       Sysop-MACINFO BBS @415-795-8862