[comp.sys.mac] Modula-2

jww@sdcsvax.UUCP (04/15/87)

In article <162@dbase.UUCP>, drc@dbase.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) writes:
> Well, I have five of them, as follows:
>   MacModula-2 (version 4.5) from Modula Corp. - 5 pass interpreted

I have MacMETH, same vendor.  The compiled code seems ok, but it acts like
I'm running on a Lilith.  The editor is too frustrating to be usable,
and just imagine typing out file names in response to prompts instead
of using SFGetFiles.

>   MacLogimo - ETHZ version with Mac interfaces added (this is on Compu$erve)
>   TDI Modula-2 from TDI Software, Inc. - 5 pass native
>   TML Modula-2 from TML Systems - MPW tool, Beta version (close to release)

Officially, 2-4 weeks.  TML was sure shocked to hear that this was public
knowledge.  In the news business, we call this a 'leak'.

>   Semper Software's Modula-2 - MPW tool, Beta version (not as close as TML)

My guess is 2-3 months.
--
	Joel West
	{ucbvax,ihnp4}!sdcsvax!jww	(ihnp4!gould9!joel once I fix news)