[comp.sys.mac] TextEdit sub/superscripting

stew@endor.harvard.edu (Stew Rubenstein) (05/02/87)

In article <8704291442.AA08875@ephemeral.ai.toronto.edu> lamy@utegc.UUCP writes:

>Also, System 4.x supports style changes in TextEdit records.  Does that mean
>we can expect drawing programs to support sub and superscripts in text
>automatically?

Alas, no.  The new TextEdit's multi-style support does not include
sub/superscripting.

Incidentally, has anyone out there tried to use it on an SE?  I have,
and it seems to be full of bugs.  The two versions of IM V.5 which I
have (one from APDA and one from the Spring Dev. Conf. at Apple)
differ in the names of the functions, and the alpha MPW pascal
that came with MPW 1.0.2 differ from both.  Also, my brief look
at the implementation with TMON leads me to believe that System 4.0
on an SE partially implements a hybrid interface.  Sigh.  Perhaps
System 4.1 will include patches to fix these bugs.

Note to Apple:  Any chance of publishing patches between System
releases?  As INIT files maybe?  On a floppy sent out with the
Tech Notes, or maybe from CompuServe?