[comp.sys.mac] Postscript does work with RSG3.0...

myers@uwmacc.UUCP (04/13/87)

I just verified that the postscript examples in the Ready,Set,Go! version 3.0
manual do work with the December 15 distribution of RSG3.0.

Now, to learn PostScript...

Good luck to Letraset in pushing RSG.  It's easily the best DTP program
when all things are considered.  It's under 150K and incredibly fast, yet
has automatic hyphenation, kerning, and a slew of other useful features.

Jeff Myers

jad@beta.UUCP (John De Vries) (05/02/87)

In article <1370@uwmacc.UUCP>, myers@uwmacc.UUCP (Jeff Myers) writes:
> when all things are considered.  It's under 150K and incredibly fast, yet
> has automatic hyphenation, kerning, and a slew of other useful features.
It is substantially better than anything else I've tried (various
versions of Word; also MacPublisher, PageMaker), but the hyphenation
algorithm is iffy.  It is saved, however, by the ability to turn it off.

By the way - it was great fun talking someone through the first steps
of the Mac and RSG and then leave.  The guy works with various forms
of publication and had never seen anything like this combination.  We
started about 9am, I left about an hour later, and before noon he had
a really nice version of his brochure.

Zoz