[comp.sys.mac] WriteResource Bug Patch

rae@unicus.UUCP (Clith de T'nir a.k.a. Reid Ellis) (04/29/87)

I notice that Technote 63 gives a patch for WriteResource, which allows
segments of greater size than 32k.  Does anyone know if this has been
put in the distributed System file in a PTCH resource or whatever it is?

				R.S.V.P.
					Reid
---
Reid Ellis, aka Clith de T'nir
		{seismo!mnetor, utzoo!yetti}!unicus!rae		(dumb uucp)
		mnetor!unicus!rae@seismo.css.gov		(dumb arpa)

olson@endor.harvard.edu (Eric Olson) (05/04/87)

In article <525@unicus.UUCP> rae@unicus.UUCP (Clith de T'nir a.k.a. Reid Ellis) writes:
>I notice that Technote 63 gives a patch for WriteResource, which allows
>segments of greater size than 32k.  Does anyone know if this has been
>put in the distributed System file in a PTCH resource or whatever it is?

My understanding is that it has not.  The problem does not exist on
128K ROM machines or under MacWorks (Mac XL/Lisa).  Something about
precious System Heap space...

-Eric