[comp.sys.mac] Modem Server?

ahby@meccts.UUCP (05/06/87)

Several months ago I saw some sort of a press release about an
Appletalk based Modem Server.  It would allow a node on the network to
access a modem, and use it to dial out.  Anyway, I need the name of
the company that has this product available.  Contact information
would be handy too :-)
--
Shane P. McCarron		UUCP	ihnp4!meccts!ahby, ahby@MECC.MN.ORG
MECC Technical Services		ATT	(612) 481-3589

afoster@ogcvax.UUCP (Allan Foster) (05/07/87)

In article <meccts.2682> ahby@meccts.UUCP (Shane P. McCarron) writes:
>Several months ago I saw some sort of a press release about an
>Appletalk based Modem Server.  It would allow a node on the network to
>access a modem, and use it to dial out.  Anyway, I need the name of
>the company that has this product available.  Contact information
>would be handy too :-)

The company that was advertising this product was INFOSPHERE
from Portland OR.
I have it from some pretty good sources that this is vapourware
and does not yet exist.
Yes they are the same people that gave us Macserve, and it seems
that they did a little advance advertising.

I may be wrong about it being vapourware, but I dont think so.

Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from MAGIC

 Allan Foster     afosteriv   o4,