[comp.sys.mac] Hebrew Word Processing & Fonts

grenley@nsc.nsc.com (George Grenley) (05/06/87)

I am going to Israel for awhile, and plan on taking my Mac.  Anyone
know where I can get a Hebrew (right to left) word processor?  Likewise,
some fonts?

Thanx,
George Grenley

waldman@husc4.UUCP (05/07/87)

In article <4280@nsc.nsc.com> grenley@nsc.UUCP (George Grenley) writes:
>I am going to Israel for awhile, and plan on taking my Mac.  Anyone
>know where I can get a Hebrew (right to left) word processor?  Likewise,
>some fonts?

An excellent way to write in Hebrew on the Mac is to use the public domain
product MacinHebrew (it's available on sumex). The product includes a DA
which enables you to use MacWrite (and a couple of other products that use
CoreEdit) to write right to left rather than left to right.  It also lets
you decide how you want the English keyboard to map to hebrew (phonetically,
or other ways).  The product also includes several different hebrew fonts.
There's also a good manual.
				Ben Waldman
				waldman@husc4.harvard.edu
				...seismo!harvard!husc4!waldman