[comp.sys.mac] nonstandard baud rates

steveh@dartvax.UUCP (Steve Heimlich) (05/12/87)

-------
I'm sure this has been discussed here before, so could someone
please mail me a summary (or some source) of programming the
SCC for non-standard baud rates, like 31.25K.  Thanks,
Steve

steveh@dartmouth.edu
... harvard!dartmouth!steveh
steveh%dartmouth@dartcms1     (bitnet)

olson@endor.harvard.edu (Eric Olson) (05/13/87)

In article <6183@dartvax.UUCP> steveh@dartvax.UUCP (Steve Heimlich) writes:
>I'm sure this has been discussed here before, so could someone
>please mail me a summary (or some source) of programming the
>SCC for non-standard baud rates, like 31.25K.  Thanks,
>Steve

Sounds like you're trying to get the MIDI baud rate.  Just thought I'd mention
that I recall the best approximation to the MIDI rate on the Mac's SCC is a
bit off, because of the clock/counter/divider setup in the hardware.  Thus
the profusion of MIDI adapters for the Macintosh, which provide an accurate
clock as an external clock to the SCC.

-Eric