[comp.sys.mac] SoundInit, BeepInit compatible with new System?

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (05/11/87)

I understand that both SoundInit and BeepInit, which allow you to customize
the startup sound and beep of your Mac, no longer work with the new
System/Finder combinations going around.  I also understand that new
SoundInits and BeepInits are available.  Would someone mind posting them to
comp.mac.binaries?  Thanks in advance...

                                        When uncertain or in doubt,
                                        Run in circles!  Scream and shout!

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

isle@dartvax.UUCP (Ken Hancock) (05/13/87)

Line eater goes "Munch, munch"

In article <865@sputnik.COM> moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>I understand that both SoundInit and BeepInit, which allow you to customize
>the startup sound and beep of your Mac, no longer work with the new
>System/Finder combinations going around.  I also understand that new
>SoundInits and BeepInits are available.  Would someone mind posting them to
>comp.mac.binaries?  Thanks in advance...

I just downloaded the new BeepInit and SoundInit from PUCC fileserver
last week.  Both seem to work fine with System 4.0.

Question:  I do most of my downloading from the fileserver at PUCC.  Is there
another fileserver available through Bitnet?  Thanks in advance.

--
Ken Hancock :) //  UUCP: isle@dartvax                 //   >> DISCLAIMER <<
==============// BITNET: isle@u2.dartmouth.edu       // Complain to our pres...

naftoli@aecom.YU.EDU (Robert N. Berlinger) (05/13/87)

In article <865@sputnik.COM>, moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:
> I understand that both SoundInit and BeepInit, which allow you to customize
> the startup sound and beep of your Mac, no longer work with the new
> System/Finder combinations going around.

They do work.  I'm running System 4.1 and version 1.3 of BeepInit with
no apparent problems.
--
Robert N. Berlinger
Supervisor of Systems Support				Compuserve: 73047,741