[comp.sys.mac] Juggler 1.0d1

clubmac@runx.UUCP (05/11/87)

System configuration: Mac SE/20, System 4.0.

Trying out Finder 60a4 in conjunction with Juggler 1.0d1, I discovered to
my dismay that Juggler had eaten up an extra 400K of my Mac's memory! It also
needs the System Heap to be at least 128K. (Which reminds me, those rhymes
are really silly!)

Now, this doesn't leave much memory to run any really useful applications,
unless you have 2+ MegaBytes of RAM dripping from your Mac...

Can anyone explain this strange behaviour? Does Juggler need that amount
of RAM, Larry?

Anyway, it looks like Juggler gives Finder the potential of Servant's multiple
application facility, with the DeskTop omni-present and a small icon at the
right hand side of the menu bar. Also, when you drag icons, the outline is
true (like Servant), the horrible bulging trash can has disappeared (yippee!!),
and the About... now includes information on memory allocation.

Desk Accessories are run through an application called "SysDAHandler" - I'm
not sure why Apple did this, but their reasons will no doubt come to light
"real soon now".

Finder 6.0a4 is 90K in size, Juggler is 32K, and SysDAHandler is 4K.

Oops, have I said something wrong?

weldon@lll-lcc.aRpA (Jerry Weldon) (05/15/87)

In article <885@runx.ips.oz> clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) writes:
>                     the horrible bulging trash can has disappeared (yippee!!),

Isn't there anyone besides me who *likes* the bulging trash can?!

---
Jerry Weldon
ARPA: weldon@lll-lcc.ARPA
UUCP: ...!lll-crg!lll-lcc!weldon

andyc@omepd.UUCP (05/15/87)

In article <851@lll-lcc.aRpA> weldon@lll-lcc.UUCP (Jerry Weldon) writes:
>In article <885@runx.ips.oz> clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) writes:
>>                     the horrible bulging trash can has disappeared (yippee!!),
>
>Isn't there anyone besides me who *likes* the bulging trash can?!
>
>---
>Jerry Weldon

I like it!  When I throw away some stuff and then go off and work on something
else, then come back, it reminds me that there is something there.  Besides
it looks alot like my real trash can out in the garage!

Andy Crump