[comp.sys.mac] Transparency film for the Apple LaserWriter

phcalamai@water.UUCP (05/05/87)

Could  someone out there please recommend a brand of
transparency film for use with the Apple LaserWriter Plus.
I've tried using 3M 7101 Presentation Weight film for
infrared Copiers only to have it jam and melt in the
printer (no harm done.....amazingly enough!). Please
be as specific as possible (ie. manufacturer, brand name,
product number, price, etc.).

Thanks,

Paul H. Calamai, x3182.

wmcb@ecsvax.UUCP (William C. Bauldry) (05/08/87)

In article <930@water.UUCP> phcalamai@water.UUCP (Paul H. Calamai) writes:

>Could  someone out there please recommend a brand of
>transparency film for use with the Apple LaserWriter Plus.
>I've tried using 3M 7101 Presentation Weight film for
>infrared Copiers only to have it jam and melt in the

I've used: Chartpak Audio Visual film, Xerographic film,
(216mm x 279mm), Cat no. AFX50, (sorry, don't have a price).
It has worked quite well and hasn't melted (yet).
-Bill

mikep@amd.UUCP (mike parker) (05/09/87)

In article <930@water.UUCP> phcalamai@water.UUCP (Paul H. Calamai) writes:

>Could  someone out there please recommend a brand of
>transparency film for use with the Apple LaserWriter Plus.

I am using Kodak Ektaprint transparency material, cat #151 4793.
It seems to work, but sometimes won't feed, this is usually fixed by
turning it over, there isn't any readily apparent front.

Discalaimer: just because it works for me doesn't maen it will for
you, I take no responsibility if Kodak ETM dmages your laserwriter.

Mike

--
 UUCP: {hplabs,amdcad,ihnp4,allegra}!amd!mikep
 ARPA: amdcad!amd!mikep@decwrl.dec.com

dkatz@zaphod.UUCP (Dave Katz) (05/15/87)

In article <930@water.UUCP> phcalamai@water.UUCP (Paul H. Calamai) writes:

>Could  someone out there please recommend a brand of
>transparency film for use with the Apple LaserWriter Plus.

I have used the Xerox 3R3108 transparency film on manual feed with
absolutely no problems at all.  I especially like this product for
copiers which expect to use the white edge strip for position sensing
since on the 3R3108 it peels off to leave a clean transparency (i.e. no
black bar on the screen when you project it).

D. Katz
| Statistics show that if your natural parents |    Dave Katz
| never had  any children, you won't either    |