[comp.sys.mac] "goodbye kiss" to DAs

steig@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Mark J. Steiglitz) (05/13/87)

jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) writes:

> The right way is to look for a DRVRControl call of goodBye (-1), the
> so-called "goodbye kiss".  Set the block in the 'DRVR' header
> needGoodbye.  This is all well-documented in Inside Macintosh.

How do I send the "goodbye kiss" in the first place.  I am writing a FKEY to
perform the function of "Shut Down" in the Finder, because I use Switcher as
my shell and don't want to have to quit to Finder when I want to do a Shut
Down.

I'm programming in Lightspeed Pascal.  I don't have Inside Macintosh.

--
|Mark J. Steiglitz          |Bitnet: steig@crnlthry, araj@crnlvax5            |
|USnail: 3626 Dickson Hall  |Arpanet: steig@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu            |

tim@ism780c.UUCP (05/20/87)

<I'm programming in Lightspeed Pascal.  I don't have Inside Macintosh.

Why are you trying to write Mac programs without having Inside Macintosh?
--
Tim Smith			"Froh wie seine Sonnen fliegen
sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim		 Durch des Himmels praecht'gen Plan,