[comp.sys.mac] TMON on Mac II

sce@runx.UUCP (05/26/87)

We have recently acquired a Mac II . It is
wonderfully fast for edit compile link run cycles,

BUT
	TMON does not work on it (because of the screen size presumably)

This is a major problem. Does anyone know of patches to TMON, or
a forthcoming new release of TMON itself or an EUA that will
enable us to use TMON on the Mac II?

Also, does anyone know of availability of documentation for
Steve Jasik's _The Debugger_ ? We have only the online help
and tutorial, which are not really complete, and these have not
been enough to use the program.

Simon Evans 			 ISD: +61 2 90-7031 or +61 2 799-1696
c/o JAM Software Pty Ltd	 STD:  (02) 90-7031 or (02) 799-1696
27A Nowranie Street		 ACS: sce@runx.ips.oz
Summer Hill NSW  2130           UUCP: seismo!munnari!runx.ips.oz!sce
AUSTRALIA                       ARPA: munnari!runx.ips.oz!sce@SEISMO

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (06/01/87)

In article <927@runx.ips.oz>, sce@runx.ips.oz (Simon Evans) writes:

> We have recently acquired a Mac II . It is
..
> BUT
> 	TMON does not work on it (because of the screen size presumably)
>
> This is a major problem. Does anyone know of patches to TMON, or
> a forthcoming new release of TMON itself or an EUA that will
> enable us to use TMON on the Mac II?

   ICOM simulations will be happy to send you a version of TMON which
works on the Mac II for $50. This is not the final release but it does work
pretty well and you are entitled to a free update to the final release.
It arrived in my mailbox about 4 days after I ordered it via the phone so
the turnaround is quick. The number for ICOM is listed in the TMON
documentation. One other interesting point is that a NEW manual is being
written by Paul Snively (who also writes for MacTutor) so all the power
of TMON should become known to those of us who couldn't read the original
manual.
David Gelphman   daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu