[comp.sys.mac] PD Software updates & Other neat stuff

chris@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Chris Schanzle) (05/31/87)

I've heard (read) rumors about Red Ryder 10.0 - is it available?  If my
brain cells aren't totally faded, I thought I read in MacWorld that the
new version is much faster in many respects.  ANY info would be greatly
appreciated (Scott - are you out there?).

Second, I haven't heard news of any newer versions of RAMSTART.  The latest
I have found is 1.3 - what's at the SUMEX archives (and has been for a LONG
time).

Servant news?  Juggler news?  Multitasking news?  How about a PD VT220
emulator?  Or for that matter, a non-PD VT220 emulator!  (I don't believe
even VersaTerm Pro does it - how unfortunate if true).

Being an aviator buff, I was really excited when I read about the F15
flight simulator that is due out "in early summer."  It is supposed to allow
"dogfighting" between two (or more if appletalk??) people via direct connect
or modem.  Now *this* sounds HOT!  Anybody know if it's available yet??

Come on .signature!
________________________--
ARPA   : chris@umbc3.UMD.EDU		BITNET : chris@umbc
"A Top Gun instructor once told me there are only four occupations
worthy of a man: actor, rock star, jet fighter pilot, or President
of the United States."

rbl@nitrex.UUCP ( Dr. Robin Lake ) (06/03/87)

In article <345@umbc3.UMD.EDU> chris@umbc3.UMD.EDU (Chris Schanzle) writes:

>Servant news?  Juggler news?  Multitasking news?  How about a PD VT220
>emulator?  Or for that matter, a non-PD VT220 emulator!  (I don't believe
>even VersaTerm Pro does it - how unfortunate if true).

Look into MAC240(TM) from White Pine Software, 75 Route 101A, P.O. Box 1108,
Amherst, NH  03031  (603)-673-8151.  It does VT241 rather well incl. REGIS
graphics.  Also does Tek 4010/4014.  In our environment, the VT240/241 is
a superset of VT220.  Don't know if that's true everywhere!

Rob Lake
decvax!cwruecmp!nitrex!rbl