[comp.sys.mac] Message for "Power" users

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu (Pierce T. Wetter) (05/30/87)

     Here's a wet dream for all you "power" users out there: The apple Sales
rep to Caltech was in the other day and told me that there was a company in
San Diego developing an array processor card for the Mac II.

     What I want to know is when is the Cray coprocessor card going to come
out?

    Pierce Wetter

There is no realizable power that man cannot, in time, fashion the
tools to attain, nor any power so secure that the naked ape will not
abuse it.  So it is written in the genetic cards -- only physics and
war hold him in check.  And also the wife who wants him home by five,
of course.
		-- Encyclopadia Apocryphia, 1990 ed.

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu

ems@apple.UUCP (Mike Smith) (06/02/87)

In article <2876@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu>, wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu (Pierce T. Wetter) writes:

>      Here's a wet dream for all you "power" users out there: The apple Sales
> rep to Caltech was in the other day and told me that there was a company in
> San Diego developing an array processor card for the Mac II.
>
>      What I want to know is when is the Cray coprocessor card going to come
> out?
>
>     Pierce Wetter

Maybe sooner than you think ... :-) :-0 ;-}

I work with the Cray here at apple and one of our goals is to make the Cray
available on desktops.  We already have mac disks on the host, though to
do computing is still a matter of login onto the Cray ...

--

E. Michael Smith  ...!sun!apple!ems

'If you can dream it, you can do it'  Walt Disney

This is the obligatory disclaimer of everything. (Including but
not limited to: typos, spelling, diction, logic, and nuclear war)

tooch@mongoose.UUCP (06/02/87)

In article <902@apple.UUCP> ems@apple.UUCP (Mike Smith) writes:
>                        We already have mac disks on the host, though to
>do computing is still a matter of login onto the Cray ...

Does this mean Apple's Cray came equipped with a 3.5" floppy?

dorner@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu.UUCP (06/05/87)

> >                        We already have mac disks on the host, though to
> >do computing is still a matter of login onto the Cray ...
> >

> Does this mean Apple's Cray came equipped with a 3.5" floppy?
If so, we want one.  We lose dd49's so often that some _reliable_
storage would be nice :-).

Steve Dorner
dorner@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu