[comp.sys.mac] Radical Castle

pta@santra.UUCP (Pertti Tapola) (05/20/87)

[]

I have been playing Radical Castle for some time but have not been
able to complete the mission, e.g. find the tools required to get
the Oracle. I have visited every room that I can find and have found
several monsters and found a way to kill them. I know how to get out
of dungeon and also how to get out of the book (back to rabbit's hole).
The only challenges that I have seen but not solved are:
1) the dragon in cellar - it always kills me
2) the devil in pentagram room - it kills me
3) I have not found how to get into hacker's room
   I have found the external drive and the door of the hacker's room
   will open but they say I am not allowed there.

What is the direction to go? Should I find a way to kill the monsters
or should I find a way to get into hacker's room? Where can I find
things that are required to do that? I have searched every room in the castle
and in the dungeon below it but have found out nothing suitable.

Has anyone solved the game?

--
UUCP: pta@santra.uucp (...mcvax!santra!pta)  Pertti Tapola
EARN,BITNET: pta@fingate.bitnet              Helsinki University of Technology

myers@uwmacc.UUCP (Jeff Myers) (05/27/87)

> I have been playing Radical Castle for some time but have not been
> able to complete the mission, e.g. find the tools required to get
> the Oracle. I have visited every room that I can find and have found
> several monsters and found a way to kill them. I know how to get out
> of dungeon and also how to get out of the book (back to rabbit's hole).

Aha!  My problem is that I can't get back to rabbit's hole...
wanna trade?  See below...

> The only challenges that I have seen but not solved are:
> 1) the dragon in cellar - it always kills me
> 2) the devil in pentagram room - it kills me
> 3) I have not found how to get into hacker's room
>    I have found the external drive and the door of the hacker's room
>    will open but they say I am not allowed there.
> UUCP: pta@santra.uucp (...mcvax!santra!pta)  Pertti Tapola

(1) I have not got around the dragon, either.  Not sure you can.
(2) This is the key to getting the oracle.  To defeat the devil,
	first have a tasty carrot, then take the diamond, then use
	the wishbone.
(3) Haven't got in their either.

--
Jeff Myers: University of Wisconsin Law School
AppleLink:  UG0122 (Mad Mac User Group)        MadMacBBS: (608) 221-8007

pta@santra.UUCP (05/28/87)

In article <5471@santra.UUCP> I wrote:
>I have been playing Radical Castle for some time but have not been
>able to complete the mission, e.g. find the tools required to get
>the Oracle.
>What is the direction to go? Should I find a way to kill the monsters
>or should I find a way to get into hacker's room? Where can I find
>things that are required to do that? I have searched every room in the castle
>and in the dungeon below it but have found out nothing suitable.

I  got several replies and to give a small hint to those who need it
(others, please close you eyes):

Give the dragon some meat, it will give you good advice in return.

The game can really be completed but the ending has no fanfares :-(

--
UUCP: pta@santra.uucp (...mcvax!santra!pta)  Pertti Tapola
EARN,BITNET: pta@fingate.bitnet              Helsinki University of Technology
ARPA: pta%fingate.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu     Computing Centre
X.400: pta@hut.fi                            SF-02150 ESPOO, FINLAND

zben@umd5.umd.edu (Ben Cranston) (05/31/87)

Guess I'm a little further along.  I've found the crown and the staffs,
know where the shovel is, and sometimes can even keep the skeleton in
the closet from killing me...  It doesn't seem to be anything you're
carrying that scares Bambi.  From the behaviour of the windows I'm
guessing that the dragon ALWAYS kills you, is otherwise not important to
the game, and is just to be stayed away from.

Other than that, I'd like some advice too...
--
Copyright 1987 Ben Cranston (you may redistribute ONLY if your recipients can).
       umd5.UUCP    <=      {seismo!mimsy,ihnp4!rlgvax}!cvl!umd5!zben

storm@diku.UUCP (Kim Fabricius Storm) (06/05/87)

In article <5471@santra.UUCP> pta@santra.UUCP (Pertti Tapola) writes:

>I have been playing Radical Castle for some time but have not been
>able to complete the mission ...

>           and also how to get out of the book (back to rabbit's hole).

HOW ?

>The only challenges that I have seen but not solved are:
>1) the dragon in cellar - it always kills me

HINT: be nice to it, and it *might* help you

SPOILER: tneserp a ti evig

>2) the devil in pentagram room - it kills me

HINT: kill it

SPOILER: yawa og ot ti hsiw dna gnorts eb

--
Kim F. Storm, storm@diku.uucp

hallett@macbeth.UUCP (06/08/87)

In article <3261@diku.UUCP> storm@diku.UUCP (Kim Fabricius Storm) writes:
>In article <5471@santra.UUCP> pta@santra.UUCP (Pertti Tapola) writes:
>
>SPOILER: tneserp a ti evig
>
>SPOILER: yawa og ot ti hsiw dna gnorts eb

Pardon me, but I am new to the Usenet environment.  What does this
mean?  I remember hearing about some cipher used on rec.humor, so I
assume this is similar.  Anyone want to fill me in?

Sorry this isn't Mac stuff, but hey, what are friends for? ;-)

Jeff

"The needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many"

                                 -- Kirk  (STIII)