[comp.sys.mac] Cadmac ? MacApp on Unix ?

beamlab@hscfvax.UUCP (06/15/87)

I have heard of several references to an experimental "port" of
MacApp to Un*x. I think I read that the work occured at Brown, but
I'm not sure. Could someone who knows more clarify things ? What
windowing system does it use ( X ? ). What object oriented language
does it use ? (Object Pascal on Un*x ???). Is it available ?
MacApp is a great idea - it sure would be nice to have it
available to those of us who can't always program on a Mac!

	David McCallie
	...harvard!hscfvax!dpm

keith@nih-csl.UUCP (06/17/87)

In article <427@hscfvax.UUCP>, beamlab@hscfvax.UUCP (850103@D.McCallie) writes:
> I have heard of several references to an experimental "port" of
> MacApp to Un*x.

A paper describing this work appeared in the OOPSLA '86 Conference
Proceedings: "Intermedia: The Architecture and Construction of an
Object-Oriented Hypermedia System and Applications Framework", Norman
Meyrowitz, Object-Oriented Programming Systems, Languages and
Applications 1986 Conference Proceedings, pp. 186-201.  ISBN
0-89791-204-7, ACM Order Number: 548861

--
	Keith Gorlen			phone: (301) 496-5363
	Building 12A, Room 2017		uucp: seismo!elsie!nih-csl!keith