[comp.sys.mac] Lawrence A. Dziegielewski is a net.dweeb

lloeb@spock.UUCP (Lawrence Loeb) (06/11/87)

~In article <428@eplrx7.UUCP> Lawrence A. Dziegielewski states:
and I can't understand how telling the truth could ever get me
>in trouble.
>                                Lawrence A. Dziegielewski
>                               ...!dgis!eplrx7!lad

   There have been several messages from this individual regarding his
thoughts on Jasmine hard drives. Some of them got cross-posted to BIX.
Imagine my surprise when one BIXen told me that this fellow had
recently told the sysop of another closed Mac BBS that he had JUST
BOUGHT MICAH (Those internal HD folk that went belly-up) AND WAS TRYING
TO RESTART THE COMPANY. I note no disclaimer following any of his messages
with this choice bit of information.
   For your consideration (in Rod Serling's immortal words..) we have
one fellow here trying to disparage a potential competitor without identifying
himself as such. With a haughty moral tone,yet.
   I contend he has not Utold the truth;and that;indeed; he deserves the
calumny and disapprobation due such a net.dweeb. His words are to me as dung.
If this is how Micah is to be re-started;I look for a short,expensive and
unhappy life for that company.

  --Larry Loeb, Moderator Macintosh Conference, Byte Information eXchange
BIX: lloeb  Usenet ..decvax!yale!spock!lloeb or ..decwrl!spock!lloeb
CI$: 72466,1465                    Delphi:ELEL
This message may be freely cross posted to any system that obtains a copy
of it by any means.
This is, for once, not the fault of the Brahms Posting Gang.

lad@eplrx7.UUCP (Lawrence A. Dziegielewski) (06/15/87)

>    There have been several messages from this individual regarding his
> thoughts on Jasmine hard drives. Some of them got cross-posted to BIX.
> Imagine my surprise when one BIXen told me that this fellow had
> recently told the sysop of another closed Mac BBS that he had JUST
> BOUGHT MICAH (Those internal HD folk that went belly-up) AND WAS TRYING
> TO RESTART THE COMPANY. I note no disclaimer following any of his messages
> with this choice bit of information.

Better get your info straight.  I am not personally involved with
Micah except that I now own stock in the company.  I have done some work on
the side for them,  and may do so in the future.  I am employed full-time by
the DuPont Company,  and intend to saty there.  What this has to do with
my expirence as a burned jasmine user is beyond me,  except that I hope
Micah will do better.  I tacked no disclaimer on because I seldom post
in public my personal investments, affairs,  and dealings.  Do you?

>    For your consideration (in Rod Serling's immortal words..) we have
> one fellow here trying to disparage a potential competitor without identifying
> himself as such. With a haughty moral tone,yet.

I cannot identify myself as a competitor to Jasmine simply because I own stock  in the new Micah.  That's ridiculous.  Don't I have a right to get what I
paid for?
I happen to own stock in Apple,  ATT,  and other companies.  I'm not crazy
about IBM either,  but it's not because I own stock in Apple.

>    I contend he has not Utold the truth;and that;indeed; he deserves the
> calumny and disapprobation due such a net.dweeb. His words are to me as dung.
> If this is how Micah is to be re-started;I look for a short,expensive and
> unhappy life for that company.

I contend I have nothing to tell.  I bought a paid for something I didn't
get,  and that would make anyone mad.  I'd bet a buck that John Sculley
would be pissed if he bought an IBM and it didn't work.  Bet he'd tell a few
people,  too.

As far as words being dung go,  yours are doing pretty good.  Maybe next
time you might try checking with the source before you go blasting off at
someone you don't even know.  I don't think I deserved this.

I'd nominate you for something,  but nothing suitable comes to mind just
yet.

>   --Larry Loeb, Moderator Macintosh Conference, Byte Information eXchange
> BIX: lloeb  Usenet ..decvax!yale!spock!lloeb or ..decwrl!spock!lloeb
> CI$: 72466,1465                    Delphi:ELEL

	Lawrence A. Dziegielewski		E.I. DuPont Co.
	...!dgis!eplrx7!lad			Engineering Physics Lab
	(302) 695-7719				Wilmington,  DE
	DELPHI: Larry.Dski

alcmist@well.UUCP (Frederick Wamsley) (06/19/87)

In article <430@eplrx7.UUCP> lad@eplrx7.UUCP (Lawrence A. Dziegielewski) writes:
>Better get your info straight.  I am not personally involved with
>Micah except that I now own stock in the company.
On GEnie, Mr. Dziegielewski identified himself as the *president* of
Micah Storage Systems.  See GEnie's macintosh roundtable, category 7
(hardware), topic 48, message 1 (dated April 20, 1987).  Anyone reading
Mr. Dziegielewski's comments about his competitors deserves to know this.
--
Fred Wamsley  {dual,hplabs}!well!alcmist;well!alcmist@lll-crg.arpa;
CIS 72247,3130; GEnie FKWAMSLEY;ATT Mail fwamsley; other uucp