[comp.sys.mac] Macintosh III?

rs4u+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Richard Siegel) (06/22/87)

I was just thinking.... (no smart remarks please).. what will the next
generation of Macintosh be named? I think that after the disaster of the
Apple III, that Macintosh III might have a stigma attached to it.

Any suggestions? "Macintosh 030"? :-)

		--Rich

spector@acf3.NYU.EDU (David HM Spector) (06/22/87)

No, no no...its got to be a Macintosh II+, or maybe even a Macintosh IIe..

I wouldn't name _anything_ after the AppleIII, not that the AppleIII was such
a bad machine...it wasn't, but the Titanic wasn't such a bad ship either!

1/2 :-}

David Spector
Senior Systems Programmer
GBA Computer Center, NYU
Spector@kl.gba.nyu.edu
Spector@NYU

tecot@apple.UUCP (Ed Tecot) (06/23/87)

In article <IUrGzGy00WI8zYk1sn@andrew.cmu.edu> rs4u+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Richard Siegel) writes:

>I was just thinking.... (no smart remarks please).. what will the next
>generation of Macintosh be named? I think that after the disaster of the
>Apple III, that Macintosh III might have a stigma attached to it.
>
>Any suggestions? "Macintosh 030"? :-)
>
>		--Rich

Macintosh IV, followed by Macintosh VIII, followed by Macintosh XVI :-)

					_emt