[comp.sys.mac] Need MS-Word earlier than 3.0 for Mac

billh@ziggy.UUCP (Bill Hart) (06/18/87)

A professor at a local theological seminary needs a version of MS-Word earlier
than 3.0. With only 512k on the Mac, 3.0 apparently leaves room for only a few
pages of text. If anyone has an earlier version that they would sell or donate
to the professor, he would be most appreciative since he has been unable to
find one through normal sources, including MicroSoft. Reply via email:

SDCSVAX!ncr-sd!ziggy!billh

Thanks.

chuq%plaid@Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (06/19/87)

In article <386@ziggy.UUCP> billh@ziggy.UUCP (Bill Hart) writes:
>A professor at a local theological seminary needs a version of MS-Word earlier
>than 3.0. With only 512k on the Mac, 3.0 apparently leaves room for only a few
>pages of text. If anyone has an earlier version that they would sell or donate
>to the professor, he would be most appreciative since he has been unable to
>find one through normal sources, including MicroSoft. Reply via email:

This is strange.  I have a 512K machine, and have worked with some VERY
large files -- with no problem.

chuq
Chuq Von Rospach	chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

Now, where did my ex-wife put my Fairy Dust?

billh@ziggy.UUCP (Bill Hart) (06/24/87)

The professor has found a copy of MS-Word 1.05. Many thanks to each of you
who responded with advice and offers.