[comp.sys.mac] Freezing Mice

lonetto@phri.UUCP (Michael Lonetto) (07/03/87)

In article <1192@apple.UUCP> lsr@apple.UUCP (Larry Rosenstein) writes:
>If you have the new Easy Access feature installed, you can drive the mouse
>with the numeric keypad, even though the mouse might be stuck.
>Consequently, you can get back to the Finder and restart your machine to
>cure the problem.
>Larry Rosenstein
>Apple Computer

I've had the same problem (usually with MacDraft) but use the trick someone
mentioned on the net some time ago:  Make sure that any problem application
has clover-Q for quit, and give shutdown and/or restart command key
equivalents (with ResEdit).  This lets you save your changes and reset the
machine without screwing up your desktop (as does the easy access trick
above).  I never use easy access so I tend to forget how it works.

--

Michael Lonetto    UUCP:(allegra!phri!lonetto)
USMAIL: Public Health Research Institute, 455 1st Ave, NY, NY 10016

alcmist@well.UUCP (Frederick Wamsley) (07/04/87)

TMON, the debugger from ICOM simulations, has a mouse-unfreeze feature.
If you have TMON installed (and I wouldn't write a program without it)
you should be able to revive a dead mouse by typing command-M while
TMON is up.
--
Fred Wamsley  {dual,hplabs}!well!alcmist;well!alcmist@lll-crg.arpa;
CIS 72247,3130; GEnie FKWAMSLEY;ATT Mail fwamsley; other uucp

shibumi@well.UUCP (Kenton Abbott Hoover) (07/04/87)

In article <3482@well.UUCP> alcmist@well.UUCP (Frederick Wamsley) writes:
>TMON, the debugger from ICOM simulations, has a mouse-unfreeze feature.
>If you have TMON installed (and I wouldn't write a program without it)

On this subject does anyone know when the big screen/mac II version of TMON
will be available?