[comp.sys.mac] Mac II development

phil@speedy.UUCP (07/07/87)

Does anyone know if there are any development environments (Pascal, C,
anything except assembly language) currently available that are fully
compatible with the Mac II, including being able to deal with color
quick draw and the stereo sound chip?  I'd sure appreciate any help
you can give me!

phil (phil@wisc.edu or phil@crys.wisc.edu)

stew@endor.UUCP (07/08/87)

In article <3824@spool.WISC.EDU> phil@speedy.WISC.EDU (Phillip Krueger) writes:
>Does anyone know if there are any development environments (Pascal, C,
>anything except assembly language) currently available that are fully
>compatible with the Mac II, including being able to deal with color
>quick draw and the stereo sound chip?  I'd sure appreciate any help
>you can give me!
>
>phil (phil@wisc.edu or phil@crys.wisc.edu)

The Beta version of MPW 2.0 works great on the Mac II.  Pascal 2.0
beta (with support for the new toolbox and direct 68881 code
generation) is shipping, and C headers for use with C 1.0 are
shipping, but the 68881 C compiler is still not ready.

All are available from APDA, of course.

Stew Rubenstein
Cambridge Scientific Computing, Inc.
UUCPnet:    seismo!harvard!rubenstein            CompuServe: 76525,421
Internet:   rubenstein@harvard.harvard.edu       MCIMail:    CSC