[comp.sys.mac] Looking for Automatic Saving Tool

bordier@imag.UUCP (Jerome Bordier) (07/09/87)

To be used in countries where power cuts are frequent, we are looking for a
Desk Accessory which saves  automatically and periodically all the opened
files.
--------------
Jerome Bordier

bordier@imag.UUCP          or       {seismo.css.gov|mcvax|inria}!imag!bordier

Charlie_Alan_Bounds@cup.portal.com (07/12/87)

Jerome Bordier writes:

>To be used in countries where power cuts are frequent, we are looking for a
>Desk Accessory which saves  automatically and periodically all the opened
>files.

Try Savior.  What it does is every x many seconds or keystrokes it simulates
a mouse hit in the "save" menu.  It is fairly useful but you must remember
that IT ONLY SAVES THE FRONTMOST WINDOW!  At least most applications only
save the frontmost window when save is selected.

Savior is public domain and should be pretty easy to find.

Charlie Bounds      Charlie@cup.portal.com

mp1w+@andrew.cmu.edu (Marc Russell Pawliger) (07/13/87)

There is a Public Domain DA called Saviour which will invoke a given menu
procedure after a given number of keystrokes or seconds have elapsed.  I
don't know if this works with the SE or with applications that use
non-standard menu defs (like Word 3.X), but it seems to be what you want.  I
believe that it is available from sumex-aim.

			Marc Pawliger
			mp1w+@andrew.cmu.edu