[comp.sys.mac] ImageWriter Compatable Printer

rpk@flan.UUCP (Richard P. Kelley ) (07/20/87)

I'm looking for an ImageWriter compatable printer that uses the same style
ribbon as the IW I or II.  (I want to be able to use Thunder Scan, which
is only available as a IW ribbon cart look-alike.)

I've heard about the Panasonic KX-P1080AP and the price is right -- it was
$175 in the latest issue of Computer Shopper.  None of the ads I've seen
mention the ribbon style however.

gae@osupyr.UUCP (Gerald Edgar) (07/21/87)

In article <167@flan.UUCP> rpk@flan.UUCP (Richard P. Kelley ) writes:
>I'm looking for an ImageWriter compatable printer that uses the same style
>ribbon as the IW I or II.  (I want to be able to use Thunder Scan, which
>is only available as a IW ribbon cart look-alike.)

The ribbons that a computer store near here sells for the Imagewriter II
say on them that they are for the NEC PC-8023 A.

--

  Gerald A. Edgar                               TS1871@OHSTVMA.bitnet
  Department of Mathematics                     edgar@osupyr.UUCP