[comp.sys.mac] SE keypad mapping

ericson@uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu (07/19/87)

>[David Gelphman   (daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu) writes:
>   The current version of VersaTerm supports both the new keyboards, the
>standard ADB keyboard and the extended ADB keyboard. In both cases the
>keypads and arrow keys work properly (including with EDT). On the extended
>keyboard the function keys and the other extra keys (such as page up, down,
>help, delete, etc) are all user configurable. Each of those keys can
>send up to 8 characters. In addition, function keys }i1-10 can cause
>macros labelled 1-9,0 to be executed. I've been using the extended keyboard

David, is this a function of VersaTerm, or is it a general ability
of the new extended keyboard?  It would be *VERY* nice to be able
to redefine all the function keys at the Mac OS level (command keys, etc.)

Thanks!

Stuart Ericson
{ihnp4,convex,pur-ee}!uiucdcs!ericson
ericson@a.cs.uiuc.edu

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (07/24/87)

In article <76000016@uiucdcsp>, ericson@uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

> >[David Gelphman   (daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu) writes:
> >   The current version of VersaTerm supports both the new keyboards, the
> >keyboard the function keys and the other extra keys (such as page up, down,
> >help, delete, etc) are all user configurable. Each of those keys can
> David, is this a function of VersaTerm, or is it a general ability
> of the new extended keyboard?  It would be *VERY* nice to be able
> to redefine all the function keys at the Mac OS level (command keys, etc.)
> Stuart Ericson

    The ability to map the extra keys on the extended keyboard which
I mentioned is a feature of VersaTerm and VersaTerm Pro 3.0 (and later).
I am not aware of any simple way to do a system level mapping for those
keys.
David    daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu