[comp.sys.mac] The bomb "icon"

jnp@calmasd.GE.COM (John Pantone) (07/30/87)

	This may sound like a bizzare request, but it is for real:

I need to get hold of the "dialog box with a bomb in it" which shows up
when an application goes south.  Ideally this would be in a form which would
be usable with MacPaint - but even just being able to print the thing on my
imagewriter would be very helpful.

I am a new SE user, and don't know much(anything) yet about the SE's insides.

ADVthanksANCE

--
These opinions are solely mine and in no way reflect those of my employer.
John M. Pantone @ GE/Calma R&D, Data Management Group, San Diego

howard@amdahl.amdahl.com (The Toolmaster) (08/01/87)

In article <2319@calmasd.GE.COM> jnp@calmasd.GE.COM (John Pantone) writes:

>	This may sound like a bizzare request, but it is for real:
>
>I need to get hold of the "dialog box with a bomb in it" which shows up
>when an application goes south.  Ideally this would be in a form which would
>be usable with MacPaint - but even just being able to print the thing on my
>imagewriter would be very helpful.

There was a demo-type program posted a long while back that when run, would
(kiddingly) put up a bomb box and wait for you to hit reset; then exit to
the finder.  While its up, standard command shift keys should work to dump it
into a MacPaint.  I'll rumage through my archives and see if I can find it
again, but if someone definitely has a handle on this toy, I suggest they
drop you a line.
--
"Plan for the future because that's where you                Howard C. Simonson
    are going to spend the rest of your life." {hplabs,ihnp4,nsc}!amdahl!howard

[ The disclaimer for this message may be found in my next article ]