[comp.sys.mac] TeXtures bombs on Mac II

dgc@MATH.UCLA.EDU (08/01/87)

Expires:

The current version of TeXtures causes an immediate bomb on the Mac II.

I have been running the (prerelease ?) version that Addison-Wesley
has selling for over a year on a Mac plus, with partial success.  Any
success is due to carefully avoiding several major bugs.  E.G., (1) if
I try to print a document a second time without retypesetting it or
reloading it, my Mac plus and my laser printer both hang until I turn
off the laser printer.  (2) If I have more than about 6 \input files,
the program fails, with several error indications; (3) On long outputs,
the program "randomly" misses about 1 page in 20; I must close the
document, reopen it, and then print a missing page.

On the Mac II, however it bombs as soon as it opens.  I contacted
Addison-Wesley and they were not interested in doing anything about
it.  I was told simply "to decrease the number of fonts in my system".
However, I am using the same system, with the same fonts and DA's, that
I have been using for about two months in my Mac plus.

Does anyone know how to fix TeXtures?

dgc

David G. Cantor
Internet:  dgc@math.ucla.edu
UUCP:      ...!{ihnp4, randvax, sdcrdcf, ucbvax}!ucla-cs!dgc

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (08/03/87)

In article <7567@shemp.UCLA.EDU>, dgc@MATH.UCLA.EDU writes:
> The current version of TeXtures causes an immediate bomb on the Mac II.
> David G. Cantor
    What do you consider to be the "current" version of TeXtures? I have
been using version .99beta on a Mac II for some time now with no immediate
bombs. I also hear that version 1.0 has been delivered to Addison Wesley
so perhaps we can see our update to 1.0 fairly soon.
David Gelphman   daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu